I have just uploaded the Early Cold War Term List and Review Questions on my course website. I have also uploaded the reading questions for George Kennan’s Long Telegram, due Friday January 30.
You may find the full text of the Long Telegram at the link below.
I have uploaded the instructions for peer review of the IA on the senior class website. I have also included them below in case there are any problems with the document. (Google Sites is behaving strangely today.)
Internal Assessment Peer Review
Due to both Mr. Harrington and the student by 8:35 am, Friday, 23 January.
1. Submit a clean copy of your latest IA revision to the student whose name you drew.
2. Read the copy submitted to you (see Mr. H. if you have not received an IA by Wednesday, 21 January.)
3. Prepare comments concerning the argument, evidence, analysis, source base, and style of the IA draft you have been assigned.
4. Provide typed comments concerning strengths and weaknesses (both are required) that at least touch upon every section of the IA.
5. Speak with the person whose IA you reviewed in class on Friday, 23 January.
6. Remember that the aim is to provide constructive criticism. You are not trying to tear down anything, and you need to use professional, polite language. However, meaningless affirmation is not useful, either. You should provide helpful advice that will equip your peer to improve his or her work.
7. See me or email if you have any questions.
We will be meeting in the Media Center tomorrow second period for the first of four IA workdays prior to the final deadline. Please come ready to work on your history IA. I will also be available for individual conferences and to answer questions about your IA.
See you tomorrow!