I have uploaded the instructions for peer review of the IA on the senior class website. I have also included them below in case there are any problems with the document. (Google Sites is behaving strangely today.)
Internal Assessment Peer Review
Due to both Mr. Harrington and the student by 8:35 am, Friday, 23 January.
1. Submit a clean copy of your latest IA revision to the student whose name you drew.
2. Read the copy submitted to you (see Mr. H. if you have not received an IA by Wednesday, 21 January.)
3. Prepare comments concerning the argument, evidence, analysis, source base, and style of the IA draft you have been assigned.
4. Provide typed comments concerning strengths and weaknesses (both are required) that at least touch upon every section of the IA.
5. Speak with the person whose IA you reviewed in class on Friday, 23 January.
6. Remember that the aim is to provide constructive criticism. You are not trying to tear down anything, and you need to use professional, polite language. However, meaningless affirmation is not useful, either. You should provide helpful advice that will equip your peer to improve his or her work.
7. See me or email if you have any questions.
We will be meeting in the Media Center tomorrow second period for the first of four IA workdays prior to the final deadline. Please come ready to work on your history IA. I will also be available for individual conferences and to answer questions about your IA.
See you tomorrow!
I have consulted with the IB coordinator concerning due dates and possible conflicts with the EE and other class’s IAs and oral exams. I am ready to announce that the final draft of the IA is due, in two hard copies and on ManageBac, by 2:30 pm on February 23. By then, you will have exchanged and conducted peer review on your revisions and we will have met concerning your progress. I will also try to get some time in the Media Center before the final deadline for you to work on the IAs, and I will still read individual sections.
Have a great holiday break!
You may find today’s post on the Florida Memory blog to be of interest:
I have uploaded the summer reading assignments for all classes on their respective course websites. Please go to the homepage of the class you will be taking next year to locate the assignment, and get started as soon as possible. I have also uploaded the internal assessment timelines for the junior and senior courses, and supplementary materials for the summer assignments. Happy reading!
This is for all seniors in IB history and juniors who are testing out SL this year. I absolutely must see all of you by tomorrow. I have the internal assessment cover sheets for you to sign for the sample that will be sent off, which I am submitting tomorrow. I realize some students will be absent for psychology tomorrow, so please see me after school today or tomorrow morning before school.
This is for the junior IB history class. I have posted instructions for the peer review assignment due Tuesday, 12 March, on the class website.
Have a pleasant weekend. I’ll see you at Pangaea!